Monday, May 21, 2012

John De Lancie Transcript


 A while back a recording of John De Lancie at a comic con was recorded here is the transcript to make it a bit easier!




For those of you who don’t know it and I think its really important that you should.  I ended up doing a cartoon show called My Little Pony.  Didn’t know anything about it.  Looked at the material, it was really good, went out there, knocked off a couple of them.  Completely forgot about it.  And then all of a sudden about four month ago I was inundated.  People would go My Little Pony and I’d go….what!?  DISCORD!  What?  I turned to my wife and asked what are they talking about?  Well she said you did a My Little Pony thing.  It was my first step into a world that I’ve become quite fascinated with.
The reason I’ve become fascinated with it, is this.  It’s not My Little Pony, its Friendship is Magic and it purports interestingly enough a better future.  It has a fanbase which are the ages of my sons.  Very interesting.  And as I go further into it, I’m beginning to go, you know I feel that I’m at the beginning of a really important fanbase made up of people who are interested in music, who are interested in art, who are interested in doing good and being good and doing good, in a world which seems to at least, I don’t know about you people but as far as I’m concerned this world has gone crazy in the terms of how mean we’ve all gotten.
I’m delighted and I feel like I’m at the beginning…when I came into Star Trek along with Patrick, the Star Trek fanbase had already been established.  Well I feel like I’m at the beginning of a new fanbase, and I want to invite you who are Trek Fans to embrace Friendship is Magic fans, because I’ve discovered that we all have a lot in common.
- John de Lancie

No comments:

Post a Comment