Friday, August 17, 2012

Punjabi seems to like ponies!

Not a lot of people have heard of Punjabi. (I actually had to look it up for this) . According to Wikipedia:

Punjabi is an adjectival form of Punjab, which is the name of a region of South Asia where the five rivers of Sutlej, Beas, Raavi, Chenab and Jehlum flow. Usually it is referred to anything related to Punjab. E.g. Punjabi people, Punjabi food, etc

Why do I bring this up? Well, a Punjabi film recently came out that's been getting glowing reviews. Take a look at one of the film posters:



More importantly, look at the background. Yep, ponies! Not sure if ponies are featured in the film itself, but it's pretty cool to see a culture we don't know/hear much about embracing something we hold dear.

Truth be told, the poster alone makes me want to check this out. This isn't really a big thing in the Brony world, but it was something I found and I  thought you guys would find it neat.


No comments:

Post a Comment